Auto accident fatalities are one of the most common and tragic types of death that happen around the world each year. Hundreds of thousands of people lose their lives due to a lack of driving safety, either on their part or other drivers on the road. While misuses of smartphones and GPS devices contribute to car accidents, they can also increase safety on the road. There’s an app for everything, including ways to prevent distracted driving (ironic as that may seem). Here are a few apps that can improve the safety of your driving.
1. LifeSaver uses GPS technology to monitor your driving and rewards you when you drive safely. The app also prevents you from using your phone while driving. If your friends contact you while you’re behind the wheel, it automatically sends a text that you’ll contact them when you’ve arrived at your destination. LifeSaver even features a “Driver Portal” so parents can view their children’s driving behavior. And if you own a business with a fleet of drivers, managers can monitor their drivers’ driving habits as well. LifeSaver lives up to its name.
2. TrueMotion Family monitors how you drive with a ‘trip score,’ geared to help you improve. After each drive, the app reviews how you handled yourself behind the wheel and creates a score based on how distracted you were and how safe you were driving. You can even compare scores and make it a small competition on who can get the best score and be the best driver. Additionally, you can view your family members’ real-time location on the road as well as their driving history. TrueMotion Family is available on both Android and iOS.
3. The SafeDrive app actually rewards you for not using your phone while driving. When you get in your car, simply open the app, press “Play Now,” and keep your hands off your phone screen. You’re awarded points if you don’t touch your phone during the duration of the drive. The points are added to your account and you can use them on real products. Even if you don’t have enough points for a product, you can still use what points you have to get a discount.
4. If you have a teen driver, Canary is the app for you. This app allows parents to see how frequently their teen unlocks their phones while driving. It also allows you to see when your teen drives above the speed limit.
5. DriveSafe.ly is a little bit different from the other apps on this list in that is doesn’t track your bad habits. Instead, it helps keep you from doing them while driving. The app can read your texts and emails aloud to you while driving, while also sending an auto-reply message you can set. When used correctly, this app will keep your eyes from staring at your phone and keep them focused on the road.
It doesn’t matter which app you decide to download on your smartphone. Whatever you choose will result in a marked improvement in your driving safety and while that won’t completely cut out your chances for an accident, since there’s still the carelessness of other drivers, you’ll be doing your part to make the roads safer. That’s a step in the right direction.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Crawford Designs, LLC
Gettysburg Website Design
50 Seymore Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
Website Design Portfolio | Marketing Portfolio
© 2021 Gettysburg Website Design.