1. "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."
2. "Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter!"
3. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
4. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
5. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."
6. "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
7. "A person's a person, no matter how small."
8. "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
9. "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
10. "Being crazy isn't enough."
11. "From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"
12. "I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful 100 percent!"
13. "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"
14. "In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"
15. "How did it get so late so soon?"
Although these 16 rules were created almost 6 years ago, they are still very relevant for any business that is looking to use Social Media Optimization in today's wired world. Creating relevant content that speaks to a target audience, but does so with authenticity and a fresh perspective is almost guaranteed to provide rewards in terms of greater reach to a wider audience in the social network.
About the author:
Celena Watson - Passionate writer and blogger. I have written on many different topics which include demand generation, outbound sales, inbound sales, lead management, lead nurturing, inside sales, demand generation and many more. For more info visit lead generation
Building a positive image has always been an important part of doing business. A good reputation has a domino effect as satisfied customers tell other people and bring more customers, resulting in an upward spiral of growth for the business. In today's business world of computers and the Internet, creating and maintaining a positive image of your business has become even more crucial as more and more people rely on information that is freely available in order to make buying decisions of all types.
Online Reputation Management is the practice of tracking, monitoring and, often, replacing bad online coverage with good coverage to positively affect Internet search results. Continuous vigilance over the kind of information that is being posted to the Internet from different sources and making constant efforts to highlight positive coverage while suppressing negative coverage will contribute to building a strong online brand reputation for any business.
With consumers increasingly going online to get information before making purchasing decisions, company websites, and online communities like social media sites, blogs, micro blogs and online review sites have become the new publicity management avenues for businesses today.
Sources that contribute to the online reputation of a business
For businesses that do not have the internal resources or the technical ability to continuously monitor their online brand, using an online reputation management service may be the best option. Firms specializing in managing the online presence of a business or brand offer the easiest way for a business to protect their online presence without spending any time or effort away from actually running the business.
Author: Celena Watson
On March 30, 2012, all Facebook Pages will get a new design. Here is a helpful video from the Social Networking Academy, and a list of what changes are coming your way.
Main Facebook Page Changes:
1). Cover Photo – Some interesting restrictions have been placed on what you can and can’t have on your cover photo;
Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
2). Your Profile Picture which will initially be the top part of your avatar, must be square and at least 180px wide
3). You Can No Longer LAND on a Custom Tab!!! Welcome pages and tabs still exist, but you can no longer default to land on any tabs. As with the timeline on your profile your photos and apps show in the central section in boxes, which means we can add a nice looking graphic to our Welcome pages and tabs to encourage people to click on them. Here’s what FB say about the central boxes;
Photos, likes and apps are now at the top of your Page. Photos show in the first spot, but you can change the order of everything else so people see what matters most. You can show a maximum number of 12 apps, so make sure to put your most important ones first.
I have to say I’m really disappointed that you can’t land on your custom landing tabs anymore, but somewhat relieved that we still have them!
4). You Can Pin Posts to the Top of Your Wall!The main design is the same as your profile page so as with that you can now add posts at different dates in the past, you can feature your post by clicking the star so it covers the width of your page, or you can hide it from your page altogether, but the really cool feature is being able to pin specific posts to the top, kind of like a ‘sticky’ post in forums.
5). There’s a brand new admin panel from which you can see your notifications, new likes, insights and the new private messages that people can now send you from your page! From your admin panel you will also see the Manage button which gives you access to the main editing section of your page (Basic Info, Manage Permissions, Apps and so on). Not much has changed in there apart from the Manage Permissions section which no longer has the default landing tab section! – Boo!
Also from the admin panel, you can access Facebook ads, a function to share your page and to invite friends, plus access to Facebooks help section.
6). New Message Feature! I mentioned above messages, well now your fans can message you directly! The messages will show within your admin panel and you can respond from there.
7). Tab Pages are now BIGGER! I believe the official size is 760px, I’ll keep you posted!
8). You will AUTOMATICALLY get the new design on March 30th. So jump in there and make the most of it, because it’s coming whether you like it or not!
Why Does Being Online Matter? Watch this video to learn why having an online presence is critical for growing your business. Tell your potential customers about your business, your products and services, and promote sales. Contact us today to get your business online.